Sunday, October 25, 2009

Sunday night, bleh! Didn't get as much done as I'd hoped. The paint is on....for what its worth. See, we have this sorta grey-ish tile on the bathroom walls...all inside the tub area up to about 6 feet, and in the rest of the bathroom to about 4.5 feet. So I go to Home Depot to pick out paint that will match the shower curtain I'd just bought at Bed, Bath & Beyond, and I'm trying to make sure that whatever color I pick will also go with the tile. So I pick up a paint swatch that is grey, thinking that it looked to be about the same as the tile. I then proceed to pick out another color that I think is about 2 shades lighter than the tile, and very slightly on the greenish side, matching the curtain.

I have the paint mixed up, bring it home and paint a test patch on the wall.

It's EXACTLY the same as the tile. Not lighter. Not greener. The same. EXACTLY THE FRIKKIN SAME!!!!

So now I have two choices. Live with it, or waste $25, and go get another gallon of paint.

I hate wasting, so on it goes. Which now makes the whole bathroom quite a bit darker than I'd hoped or expected.

And the only other thing I got done this weekend was to strip half the vinyl off the floor and remove the adhesive.

The vanity is still in the box in the back of my van.

Crap, I blew the deadline. Sooooo.......Next deadline is one week from today. November 1st.

Wish me luck......I think I'm gonna need all the help I can get.

No comments:

Post a Comment