Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Well, I'm not knocking off too many things from the list, but still plugging along.

6 weeks of school left. YAY! I'm on spring break this week and am sooooooo thankful. Its been a very stressful week.

Without elaborating, we've have had a family crisis churning away for that last several weeks (or maybe that last year+, depending on how you want to look at it). Not sure about the outcome, but I am hopeful. Please send thoughts and prayers our way.

Reading two new books that are somewhat related to the aforementioned family crisis. I'll add those to the list when I'm done.

Last weekend I attended the Golden Seamstress competition, an SCA event. I entered as a Novice, and took third place. Very happy with that, as it was my first ever attempt. The result is a nearly complete SCA outfit, which needs a hem, buttons/buttonholes and some neck facing. Then I can scratch off one more item from the list.

The competition is an all-nighter: starts at approximately 6pm Friday night and ends at 6pm Saturday, with judging right afterwards. I intended to take a vacation day on Friday, to rest up, but wasn't able to do so. Consequently, I was awake for 41 hours straight. Whew!!! Holy jamoli!! I am obviously NOT able to cope with all-nighters like I used to!! It is now Wednesday and I am still wiped out! I slept for 14 hours on Saturday night/Sunday morning and still woke up exhausted. And woke up exhausted again on Monday, and Tuesday, and even this morning!

Need to plan better next year!!

Oh! Hey!! I just remembered this! I posted a bit ago that someone had hit my car while it was parked in front of my house. :( And that it was going to cost $130 to replace the tail lamp. Well good news: I was able to get one from a salvage lot for $30 instead. YAY! Bad news is that the driver did more damage than I had originally thought. The liftgate is also dented. Given that the vehicle is now 9 years old, I doubt that I'll be getting that repaired. It does not impact function at all, but it sure doesn't look good. :( makes me mad. But the lamp is fixed. And it was cheaper than I thought. And that's good.

TTFN


No comments:

Post a Comment