Monday, March 29, 2010

Still working on the quilt below....progress! I'm on a roll now, and am committed to finishing it within the next week or so!

Also plugging along on the AFI film list. I watched All About Eve over the weekend. I guess you could call it the stalker movie of the 50's. I enjoyed it to a degree. Hubby said the dialogue was more fit for a book than a movie. I tend to agree. He said "people just don't talk like that". Too funny....

On a completely different note, I was astounded at how much Anne Baxter (as Eve) sounded like Eleanor Parker (Baroness Schraedor) from The Sound of Music. Their voices were so much alike, I was convinced they were the same person. But, alas, they are not.

Marilynn was also in the film, in a small supporting role. I barely recognized her, without a "bigger" hair style. And she didn't sport the "throaty" voice either.

One voice I did recognize was that of Geoge Sanders, who plays Addison DeWitt in the film. His is the voice of Shere Khan in Disney's The Jungle Book. Very cool voice!!

I think that brings me to 40/100 films. I'm getting there, and having fun getting to know some of the actors and actresses that my folks used to talk about. One thing I like about many of the older films is how elegant everyone was. Men wore hats, women wore pearls, and they're every move was deliberate and expressive.

Lots of fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment