Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Busy, busy, busy week, this last one! "Nearly" finished the bathroom refresh: the floor, vanity/sink, paint are complete...but the trim work is not. I need to install new trim on the door and the window, which should be done tonight, and I'm a little worried about the joint between the sink trap and the sink downspout. I think I'll add an extension to the downspout to make sure that the 2 don't "ever" separate. When I installed the sink and connected the drain, the trap has very little overlap on the spout. If I add the extension, there will be no doubt. The very last thing we need is another water leak under the sink.

Now the bigger news: I met my birthmom and brother for the first time ever, this weekend. They flew in from California on Friday morning and I picked them up at the airport. We got to spend all of Friday, Saturday and part of Sunday getting to know each other. It was very exciting! I thought I'd be much more nervous about our first meeting, but aside from a few last-minute jitters as I waited at baggage claim for them to arrive from the gate, I felt very comfortable and optimistic about seeing them both. My brother's first words, aside from "Hello", were "You have the same eyes". It was very cool and exciting to see someone besides my children, who resemble me in some way! We compared hands and toes, hair and temperament.

I've lots of thinking to do....it's all still sinking in. Is there a precedent for such a thing? Not to my knowledge.

More later...

No comments:

Post a Comment