Wednesday, November 4, 2009

AACK!!! Missed my second bathroom-refresh deadline!!

Plumbing problems this weekend. I ran into some headaches installing the new copper...working in tight spaces, trying not to cut out a huge chunk of drywall on the kitchen side. Fun. fun. fun. Ended up with 2 more joints than I anticipated, but these things happen, I guess.

I managed to get everything in place, sweated, and with NO leaks!! YAY!! All the new valves are in place. (BTW, I HATE teflon tape!! Pipe sealant works MUCH better!!) Then I installed the toe-kick heat duct-work. Patched the wall where the towel bar had been in preparation for a new one. I also painted the filler strips that will fill the gap between the new vanity and the wall. Had to let that dry, so I wasn't able to install the vanity yet. :(

That will happen tonight. New vanity and connecting the sink. It should be a pretty straight-forward deal. I've test-fitted everything, so its just a matter of putting it all together and anchoring it in place.

Then I'll install the door trim, window trim and medicine cabinets. Not sure I can get all of that done in one night, but I still have tomorrow night.

Big day on Friday!! More details later...

No comments:

Post a Comment